Thursday, June 24, 2010

Devastated

The roller coaster we call life blazes on, accelerating ever faster as I age. Being an adrenaline junkie by nature, I should consider this good, however, I must say that there are some twists and turns in the area I consider rock bottom, that leave me so completely empty -heaving with pain, eyes filled with that familiar empty sting -dry, unable to shed another tear.


An empty, almost comfortable numbness begins to settle in. Like fog that erases you. And the numbness protects me somehow. I push reality farther away, and the peace of the fetal position cradles me -both body, and soul. And somehow the healing begins and the roller coaster catches the next link to urge me on. Wake me up. Refresh me. Remind me that I do indeed still enjoy breathing.


But for today, I will mourn. Because today I was told that a friend whom I truly love, has a son in a coma because of a drug overdose. My eyes sting. My heart aches. My soul calls out to God. And I know that the truth is, it could just as easily be my own son ..... or me


No comments: